Cross Street Christian Church

In 1908 the first service leading to the present church building began in the home of Floyd Womack, with Elder W. M. Martin, Pastor. Later a church was purchased at 11th and Ringo under the pasturage of Phiefer and Mitchell. The building was torn down and a hall at 9th and Ringo was used with Elder Andrew Johnson as pastor followed by Elder M. W. Bostick. During Elder Bostick's ministry a lot was purchased at 13th and Cross Streets, and the church building was completed and dedicated in 1929. Elder Blair T. Hunt preached the first sermon. Rev. Robert L. Palmer was called as supply minister in August, 1999 and was installed as pastor in June of 2000. Rev. Palmer serves as President of the State Fellowship of African American Christian Churches in Arkansas. He has served as a Central District Shepherd and on the Regional Board of the Christian Churches (Disciples of Christ) in Arkansas and presently serving as a board member of the Great River Region.
Cross Street Christian Church, 1223 Cross Street, P. O. Box 164037, Little Rock, Arkansas 72216-4037; Phone: 501/375-1306
                                                                 www.crossstreetcc.org crossstreet@aristotle.net